· The default configuration for the is faster than the configuration provided by the but it is intended only for WCF-to-WCF communication.
· The security behavior is configurable using the optional securityMode parameter in the constructor.
· The use of WS-ReliableMessaging is configurable using the optional reliableSessionEnabled parameter. But reliable messaging is off by default.
· The HTTP system-provided bindings such as WSHttpBinding and BasicHttpBinding are configured to turn things on by default, where as the binding turns things off by default so that you have to opt-in to get support.
· For example, for one of the WS-* specifications. This means that the default configuration for TCP is faster at exchanging messages between endpoints than that configured for the HTTP bindings by default.